Saturday, May 24, 2008

Do you stumble?

Do you stumble?

For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, I use the browser Firefox. Now I’m sure they probably have this add on for IE as well but I don’t like using IE as it always gives me way too many pop ups. Even when you have a pop up blocker enabled. And we’re talking nasty pop ups. I’ve had ones that would automatically install programs on my computer. So called “anti-virus” programs.

Anyway.

StumbleUpon is an amazingly addictive little add on for your browser. You simply click the button on your navigation bar and it will bring you to random web pages. Of course you put in the specifics of your “likes” to which it then caters to those. It sends you to different sites within your “like” categories.

You find things that you probably never would have come across on your own. Some things make you go, “Umm…what?” and others are just great.

But like I said it can be very addicting. I remember the first night I did it after I installed it and created my account, I was probably up until 3 a.m. just stumbling. There are things I would probably never have found on my own because usually my surfing the web consisted of going to Yahoo and doing a search. Yeah I know. I know. Everyone uses Google! I’m a yahoo girl and always have been. I don’t do change!!!

So now I’ve shared one of my addictions with you. I’m sure there’ll be more to come. If I’m up all night doing something I want you all to be doing it with me!

No comments: