Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Am Smart With A Capital SMRT! ;)

As I go back and read through things I’ve written, I seem to notice a pattern in the things I say. Not really a pattern I guess it’s more like, I repeat the same damn words and phrases over and over again.

“Ok, now…”

“So…”

I mean things like this. I’ll start like 3 sentences in one paragraph of with a ‘so’ or the ‘ok’ and then as I reread it I’ll go back and try to change it as often as I catch it. I have a tendency of writing something and then going over it again and again looking for mistakes, sentences that don’t make sense, repetitions, etc. I’m usually never satisfied with anything. I always feel stupid after I’ve read what I’ve written but eventually put it out there anyway. Why? I don’t know, to torture myself I suppose. I guess it’s just my insecurities. It’s not that I’m scared of people being critical because I don’t take compliments well either.

But anyway.

And there’s another one! I say either ‘anyway’ or ‘but anyway’ all the time as well. What’s the deal?? It’s not as if I don’t have a broad vocabulary. Geesh! I should sit here with a thesaurus next to me and look up every single word before I type it and come up with some real original sentences. Wouldn’t you just love that!

Or I could just go all Shakespeare on everyone. I doth write upon yonder computer…….umm yeah ok scratch that idea. How about Yoda? Writing blog I will.

Blah! So if you catch me saying those things over and over in the same blog call me out! Or don’t, I might snap lol. =S =D

No comments: