Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I am happy dangit!!!

Why is it, that just because everyone around you are so blissfully in love they feel they must thrust this upon you as well?

You know what I’m talking about. Those friends of yours that just don’t understand why it is that you would want to be single. I mean look at them! They are just so happy and yadda, yadda, yadda. They always have the perfect guy to set you up with! And how scary is that? Uncomfortable, party of one. Oh and I’ll take a side dish of desperation with that.

Since when is it, that in order to define myself, I need to have a man by my side? Don’t get me wrong! If the right man comes along I’m all for it. But why should I feel rushed, pressured or sometimes even shamed into jumping into one?

Right now I’m just happy being a mom. I enjoy putting my child first.

Besides I have enough drama in my life without a relationship muddling it up even further.

I don’t know I guess I’m pretty cynical when it comes to relationships. Well when they are mine anyway. Others around me who are happy and married or whatever, I applaud you. I’m happy you found your someone. I’ll find mine someday. When I’m ready. Until then let the single girl be!

1 comment:

Angie said...

If you're happy, that should be enough. If and when you're ready to start looking, then friends can help. Ha ha ha! You're a great mom, and I applaud you for putting your son first in your life. Kudos!!